The Tall Ships Races 2012
The Tall Ships Races Dublin 2012 attracted over 1.2million visitors over the course of the 4 day free festival, making it the largest event on the island of Ireland that year.
Milestone Inventive acted as the commercial agents to the event and were responsible for all corporate hospitality, sponsorship and commercial revenue generation.
Milestone Inventive was responsible for the following achievements relating to the event:
• Sold and managed over 1500 guests over 15 corporate hospitality events on board 6 Tall Ships over 3 days
• Sourced and managed 150 concessionaires and market traders
• Negotiated and secured sponsorship deals from more than 15 sponsors on various levels and managed all associated hospitality requirements
• Developed and secured commercial rights deals for soft drinks and ice cream.
• Developed and sold ‘Patron Package’ schemes to local hospitality outlets
• Put in place and managed national media partnerships
• Developed and managed merchandise sales
• Tendered for and appointed bar operator for 6 on-site bars
• Secured relevant bar licenses
• Managed all sponsor activation events including National Lottery live draw, George’s Dock Bulmer’s Live Music Stage, Theatre of Food (Bulmers), M&Ms sponsorship of outdoor cinema screen, NITB kids activity centre, National Maritime College of Ireland presentation, Samsung interactive product display, Keogh’s crisps presentation, Haribo product sampling, RTE Pavilion (est. 70,000 visitors), Britvic kids lost and found wristband promotion, Mountain Dew surf simulator rig, Lidl sponsorship of volunteers programme.
Milestone Inventive, in its role as commercial agent to the Tall Ships Races, Dublin 2012, not only generated revenue for the event, but also brought significant elements of content to the event programme.