Cork Clipper Round the World
Milestone Inventive produced and programmed a Race village and public festival for the Cork City stopover of the Clipper Round the World Yacht Race. The event had a footfall of 70,000 thousand people. The programme, devised in collaboration with Spraoi, consisted of nightly headline acts on the main stage, an artisan market and vintage amusements, public prize-giving ceremonies for the Race participants and some of Ireland’s best street performers and acrobats. The tasks undertaken to deliver this festival included:
- Liaising with the local authorities to obtain all the necessary licenses and to develop a traffic management plan for the city centre event.
- Securing Cork’s first ever outdoor bar license at a free, non-ticketed public event.
- All sponsorship and revenue generation.
- Developing a site plan and sourced all infrastructure and utilities.
- Programming and event production of nightly entertainment for the main stage.
- Sourcing and scheduling a secondary programme, giving a platform to numerous performers and community groups.
- Staging Prize-giving ceremonies and Q and A sessions for the crews of the Clipper Round the World Yacht Race.
- Sourcing and managing traders and amusements.