European Festivals Association Conference and Culture Ireland Producers Showcase 2021
Following its 2020 postponement due to the Covid 19 Public Health Measures, the European Festivals Association’s annual summit went ahead in Galway from November 22 to 24 2021. Milestone Inventive project managed the Galway City performance and networking elements of this conference attended by 100 International Festival producers and artistic directors, City Cultural Officials, Mayors and EU Commission representatives from 25 countries across Europe.
Milestone supported the delivery of:
- A tour of Galway City Cultural organisations and venues whereby all 100 delegates
visited venues, festivals and cultural organisations (Druid Theatre, Town Hall
Theatre, Bádóirí and Chladaigh, The Galway Sessions Festival, Macnas and the NUI
Galway O’Donoghue Centre) and met with their counterparts for networking and
- A showcase performance of 10 local artists at St Nicholas’s Cathedral on November 23rd
presenting their touring-ready productions (including Anna Mullarkey, Daithí, Little John
Nee, Brú theatre Co. The Moth and Butterfly Festival plus poet and author Gerry Hanberry),
to promote their work for potential multinational partnerships or touring opportunities.
This was supported by Culture Ireland and live streamed to the broader 7,000 strong EFA
audience through the EU Festival Finder and EU Festival Labelling & Awards Programme.
- A Hybrid conference programme with key elements live streamed and a number of
speakers and panellists joining the conference remotely
- Conference AV, sponsorship and logistics
- Venue liaison
- Local speakers and evening entertainment