Papal Visit 2018
Catering Coordinator for the Papal Visit 2018
Milestone was appointed as the overall catering coordinators to the Pope’s visit in August 2018. We provided over 130 food and beverage concessionaires to cater to the public at both Phoenix Park and Knock simultaneously, as well as providing over 15,000 meals to crew, emergency services and staff working on the event. Milestone’s remit covered all pre-event planning, right through to delivery and site management.
The following services were successfully delivered:
- Extensive pre-event consultation with all revenant statutory bodies, including the HSE, the OPW and emergencies services.
- Coordination with MCD and all relevant streams of their event management teams, in advance and on the ground.
- In-depth site mapping and advance layout planning
- Vetting and contracting 130 traders and ensuring their full compliance with EHO regulations and insurance requirements
- Working under unique site specific constraints e.g. no cooking allowed on site, no use of gas etc.
- Facilitating the smooth running of the concessionaires and catering hubs, including supplier deliveries despite extensive road closures and enhanced security measures in place.
- Had experienced teams in place to manage 2 sites simultaneously (Phoenix Park and Knock)
- Identified and sourced designated suppliers across the following categories: sandwiches, water, soft-drinks, diary products and other wholesale items.
- Handled the supply and distribution of breakfast, lunch and dinner to 2500 crew and emergency service providers within Phoenix Park and an additional 2500 on the approach roads and transport hubs.
- Ran a tendering process, appointed and contracted catering companies to cater 2 separate media centres (Dublin Castle & Phoenix Park) feeding 1200 members of the media
- Ensuring the provision of all necessary site services; power, water, waste disposal etc